Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday is a Fun Day

Gracie slept in this morning til 7:30 a.m. She was a happy smiley girl and that was the theme for today. Happy, funny, content, and giggly. As long as music is playing in this house, Little Miss Grace is a happy camper. If mom or dad happen to be dancing with her while the music is on...it's even better. At one point today I was dancing and just being silly with her and she found it extremely fun and hilarious. She would giggle and giggle and giggle. When I went to hug her after the song was over she gave me a huge hug and then a big kiss on my cheek. Kisses are far and few between from Gracie, so I must have really deserved it.

Jeff was preaching at a church in another town, so Gracie and I stayed home and watched church on TV. She was very good during this with the exception of putting her shoes in her mouth and the more I told her how yucky it was, the funnier she thought it was.

Gracie ate a good lunch and was looking pretty tired since she didn't have a morning nap. We went to lay down and all of a sudden she had a second wind. Oh was she just a happy funny girl. She finally fell asleep at 1:00 p.m. and slept for an hour and a half.

Upon awakening we headed to Target for a family outing to get a cartload of necessities. Gracie was only to happy to help hold things, as she and daddy tooled around the store in her wheelchair. I didn't realize how late it was and when I went to put some crackers in the cart, Gracie had a fit that she wanted some...she really was hungry. So we had those rung up first and then Gracie and daddy had a little snack while they ran the rest of our stuff through.

When we got home our neighbor Nancy was taking her dog Annabelle out for a walk. Gracie loves Annabelle (who is super mild mannered), so that made her day.

Gracie decided supper was not to her liking tonight...I made baked chow mein. I think it was more about just being full from a late snack then truly not liking it. She was tired this evening but happy and hilarious. Both Jeff and I agreed that it was hard to put her to bed tonight, because we just wanted to continue playing with her.

We hope you all had a good weekend.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: