Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday - Flu Mist

Gracie awoke at 5:55 a.m., just before daddy left for work and was all ready to snuggle with mommy for a few minutes. Then she was up and about and in a good mood. She was hilarious at the breakfast table, just being goofy. For the first time in about a month she didn't fight me when I put her in her car seat. I hope she is realizing that mommy always wins that battle. Although if she grows too much more, I'm not sure I'll continue to win.

Gracie had a good day at daycare and when I picked her up about 2:30 p.m., she was still napping. I had to wake her up so we could make our flu vaccination appointment. We made it in time and I was surprised to find out they suggested the Flu Mist that you inhale rather than an injection. This is a live virus vaccine, so I hope all goes well. Gracie did really good with it from the perspective of inhaling it. We had a few errands before we headed home and Gracie did really good throughout. Our very last stop was Baker's Square where I picked up a couple of pies to go. Gracie was getting pretty hungry about this time and was eyeing all of the pies in the glass case. When it was time to head out the door with our purchases, she insisted that we couldn't go because she wanted some pie. She kept signing to me that she wanted pie. She wasn't whiny about it, but very insistent. Good thing I had some cookies in the car to take care of my hungry girl.

Gracie was a good girl for the rest of the afternoon and most of the evening. We did have a little supper incident when she started to choke on a banana chunk that she put in her mouth that was way too big. After that I cut the banana in fourths the long way. Well that was just not how she thought they should be, so attempted to throw her plate on the floor. But as luck would have it, mommy is getting a pretty fast arm and it never made it to the floor.

Jeff got home about 7:00 p.m. from work and Gracie was excited to see him. His days have been long lately, so she misses him. While he ate supper, she just sat on his lap. She loves her daddy, no question.

Gracie was a tired girl this evening, probably because I woke her up from her nap. It didn't take her long to fall asleep at all. I think I'll go snuggle with her.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: