Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday - A Girl with a Fever

Gracie awoke in a good mood and again got to see daddy for a few minutes before he left for work at 6:30 a.m. Gracie was a good girl all morning. She even took an hour long nap. She wasn't too hungry for lunch though.

After lunch we headed to the mall as I was in need of some new shoes. Gracie was good as gold while we were shopping. She made a new friend (a three year old boy named Riley) while I was trying on shoes. I did take some pants into the dressing room to try on and looked horrible in them so I said "yucky" and Gracie thought that was great fun and kept saying "yuckkkk" to repeat me.

When we got home, she felt hot as I took her out of her car seat. Sure enough she has come down with a fever. I'm guessing it is a result of her flu vaccination on Friday afternoon. The literature indicated that could happen. Some Motrin helped to bring it down, but she's been running warm. Despite being pretty snuggly for awhile she has been in a good mood and interacting. She got to have chicken nuggets for supper and gobbled those right down.

When Jeff came home from work around 7:30 p.m., she was absolutely thrilled to see him. She hopped on his back and was ready for a piggyback ride.

I just put her down, but will have to check on her frequently during the night and keep that fever under control.

Have a great week.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: