Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday - Snuggling with My Dad

Gracie had a fair night, she had times when she was so very restless. Daddy came in to lay by her this morning while I took a shower. When I came in the room to wake her to get ready for daycare, she was snuggled in with Jeff and I hated to wake her up, almost as much as she hated me waking her up. She whined and fussed, but finally realized that there was a new day ahead for adventures and of course, her favorite show these days....Mickey Mouse Club House.

Gracie was happy to get to daycare and I don't even know if she realized I was leaving. Bye mom! She got birthday cake at daycare as one of the babies turns one this weekend. She also had a couple of really cool tatoos on her arm. When I picked her up she seemed really tired.

When we got home she immediately signed that she wanted music...and then some yogurt. She also guzzled down two big glasses of Gatorade. That's been our new ritual, she has a tub of yogurt before supper. I use it to give her meds and tied her over til suppertime. She loves to sit on my lap as I feed it to her. It's mommy time! Gracie hated yogurt as a baby and then couldn't tolerate it for awhile -- she's my soy girl. She seems to be tolerating it just fine as long as we only have one tub of it a day and she LOVES it.

Daddy came home and brought us Chinese food. Gracie had some leftovers too and then shared mommy's Chinese food. I have to be careful what I give her as the veggies aren't cooked soft enough for her. Gracie doesn't mind sharing food from my plate. She really likes the rice and the crab rangoons. Let's be serious here, what food doesn't Gracie enjoy? She really seems to enjoy just about anything I give her to eat.

Gracie had some great snuggling moments with daddy tonight. After supper she climbed up on him and just wrapped her arms around his neck and snuggled in. All the long hours working have taken their toll on Gracie. Tonight she snuggled in with him on the couch too.

Gracie enjoyed her bath and the splashes were going over our heads. I think I filled the bathtub a little too high. Fun, fun, fun.

Gracie is now asleep and seems to be very restful.

Have a good weekend.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: