Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday - Trick or Treat

I awoke at 7:10 a.m. this morning to little fingers poking my face. It felt great to sleep in. We scurried around this morning to eat breakfast, get showers in, and head to the clinic for Gracie's H1N1 vaccination. She came down with a cold on Thursday and still has quite a bit of drainage from her nose, so I was worried they might not give it to her. When they heard she had a cold they screened her for the injection. When they mentioned that they didn't have any shots without thimerosol, I had them screen her for the FluMist and we went with that. I hope we got some in her. She didn't cooperate and with her runny nose, it makes me a little nervous. Thimerisol is the preservative that some have mentioned may be linked to autism and other disorders. The studies were all flawed, so I really don't think I would have issue with it for a normal healthy child. Gracie's I.S. is thought to be possibly triggered by her MMR or Pertusis vaccinations. I just think a child predisposed to health issues needs to have special attention taken to these things. We go back after 28 days and will get a second H1N1 vaccination for her.

Gracie got to see her Birth-to-Three teacher at the clinic. I think she was confused that Emily was there, because that is not where we see Emily, she comes to our house. Gracie got some ghost stickers after her vaccination. That was a hit. Gracie LOVES stickers. They are used to reward good behavior at our house.


Gracie was a little more needy today. She wanted to be held alot and was quite whiny if she didn't have one or both of our undivided attention. She had some great moments too, but definitely needed a little more TLC. I rocked with her for awhile and she enjoyed that. She took a 75 minute nap this afternoon, but it should have been longer. We tried to lay back down later in the afternoon and she did rest, but never fell asleep.


I think I don't always give Gracie credit for getting as much as she does. I was not going to take her out trick-or-treating tonight because I just didn't think she would "get it" and I didn't want to expose her to any flu germs. Gracie made it known after the first trick or treaters showed up that she wanted to be outside where all the fun was. So we put her coat and mittens on and pulled her adorable lion costume on over everything and she traipsed outside enjoying the cool night air. She trick-or-treated at two houses -- thank you Diane and Nancy for treating our little lion to goodies and Bridget delivered goodies -- thanks Bridget. At Nancy's house she got to see Annabelle the dog...Gracie loves Annabelle. She also enjoyed Marti and Alvin's pumpkins and stood on their front steps enjoying the pumpkin lights.


When Gracie's cheeks got too cold we talked her into coming inside with promises of watching her video of Gymbo going to the Zoo. After that she got to eat some chocolate and then it was bed time. She was little smiley lovey girl when it was time to lay down. Oh that smile melts my heart.


She is now sleeping soundly after a very busy day.


Happy Halloween and for those of you on Daylight Saving Time -- don't forget to set your clocks back an hour.


Love,

Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: