Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday - BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Gracie had a pretty good night, but occasionally would cry out in her sleep. She never really woke up, but definitely moved around a little more than usual. She awoke way too early -- abour 5:15 a.m.

Gracie's early education teacher and OT from the Birth to Three program came to meet with Gracie this morning. Michael, the occupational therapist, worked and played with Gracie while Emily, her early education teacher and I went through an assessment of her skills. Although there are still alot of areas we need to work on, it was fun because we've seen alot of progress too. You don't realize how much until you sit down and actually start assessing each thing. It also makes me aware of the things we really need to work on, but truthfully they were of no surprise to me.

When I dropped Gracie off at daycare she was looking mighty tired, but the energy of all the other kids and the music revved her up a bit. Jeff picked Gracie up at daycare tonight just as the "big" kids were going outdoors to play. So when Jeff and Gracie got home, they played outside for awhile too.

Gracie was tired tonight, but happy. I read her a book about a pig tonight and there is a bee in it. When I got to the bee, she made the sign like an airplane and said "BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ". I about fell over, Jeff nor I have made that sound or sign for the bee. I was reading the book to her this morning and she didn't say it. So I have no idea where she picked that up, but it made me proud.

We also took straws into the bathtub tonight to get Gracie to work on oral strengthening....she was able to blow bubbles through the straw into the water. YAY!!!

Gracie was more than ready for bed tonight. Sweet dreams.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: