Friday, December 5, 2008

Stronger Spasms

Today was not a great day for Gracie. The morning started out pretty good, we even went for a visit to daycare for about 45 minutes. I thought it would do Gracie good to see other kids and her daycare providers too. It does her good to get out of the house once in a while.

This afternoon her tummy was bothering her (it was an antibiotic day which always causes some G.I. distress) and we also discovered blood on her stools. The ACTH (steroids) can cause stomach ulcers so I made a call and talked with her neurologist's nurse. We are upping her dose of Zantac and will make a trip into Baldwin peds tomorrow to investigate the cause. Hopefully it is nothing.

Gracie's spasms were very frequent this afternoon and into the evening. She had a couple really strong ones that were very concerning to me. I also noticed some head/neck spasms that I hadn't seen before. I also think her balance and coordination were not great today. I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow.

On a fun note, Gracie really enjoyed her bath tonight. She splashed so much that she pretty much washed the bathroom walls. She even bobbed for her rubber duckies. That was hilarious to watch.

Please continue to pray that we can eliminate these spasms before they do any brain damage.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, & Gracie

1 comment:

Brownie said...

I'll pray for no brain damage, fewer spasms, and that the medications work.

Isn't it interesting that your life changes to focus so intently on your child? We get our babes and think that it's wonderful, but didn't realize how parenthood changes our perspective on everything.

And then our child gets sick and that becomes our only focus - everything in the peripheral blurs and goes on without us. Because we realize that this little one depends solely on us for everything - we are its world!

You are doing a wonderful job caring for Gracie :)

(BTW I blogged on Aunt Gertrude - ask Jeff if he remembers her.)