Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Countdown is Hopefully ON!

Let me start out this fine day with the number of spasms little Miss Gracie had. Well depending upon how you count them, it was either 5 or 2! Her first one of the day was followed by three very light spasms, so perhaps I could count that as one? Either way, the number has gone down and we're ecstatic!

We were expecting to increase Gracie's meds today, but needed a call from the substitute pediatric neurologist to evaluate the situation and advise. Our peds neurologist is out of town for the week. Well we never got a callback so have not increased yet, and although I'm not a doctor I would like to stay at where we are if we continue to make progress.

Gracie was very tired today, but restless. Her night was the same. She wanted to be held a good part of the day, especially this afternoon. My arm muscles are developing quite nicely. Gracie doesn't just want to be held, she wants to be held and bounced.

Gracie had a great success today. We have been working on how to get back to the floor to sit once we are standing. I've been working on this with her for a couple of weeks, but she didn't quite get it. Her physical therapist indicated that it was a harder concept for kids to get than pulling themselves up. It's especially difficult for Gracie because she is so tall, it's a longer way down to the floor. Well she did it today. Hands down, knees bent, butt to the floor. Success!!!! Mommy was so proud and I didn't hesitate to let Gracie know how proud I was of her. She smiled from ear to ear. Later when I was recounting the story to Jeff, she was again all smiles. Daddy gave his "thatta girls" too!

Last year for my birthday I told Jeff all I wanted was a baby. Gracie arrived just under a month prior to my birthday, I got my present. For Christmas this year, I would like Gracie's spasms to totally go away. Do you think I'm just spoiled enough to get my wish? I hope so.

To those of you travelling this Christmas, you are in our prayers for safe travels. We wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and know that you are all in our prayers. We also feel surrounded with love, prayers, support, and encouragement. Every day I hear of someone new who is praying for Gracie. We are so very blessed.

All our love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

4 comments:

Diane Hart said...

Lisa...your update has brought me to tears. I can hear your excitement from my chair here in Stewartville! I'm so happy for all of you tonight. It certainly proves, you can never underestimate the great power of prayer. Thinking of and continuing to pray for you all...diane

BrittanyMyhre said...

You guys are so amazing! All three of you! I am so proud of Gracie for all of her accomplishments and proud of her parents for staying so strong through all of this! I hope you get what you want for Christmas this year more than anything! Can't wait to see you tomorrow at G&G Blasers!

jellingson1 said...

A very Merry Christmas to you all. May your Christmas wish come true! Jean

Brownie said...

I am just relieved that Gracie is doing better.