Saturday, December 20, 2008

Adoption Day Anniversary

Today was the first anniversary of Gracie's official adoption day - the day she legally joined our family. She joined our family and hearts in July 2007...and it became official a year ago today. We celebrated by giving her mom and dad's undivided attention. We laughed, we played, we walked, we had a good day.

Our spasms were up a little today. She had a total of 11 today. That being said, she spit out a good portion of her morning prednisolone, so I don't think she had enough in her to do what it needed to do. Actually, she didn't really spit it out, she let it collect in her mouth and then drain out the sides. She did much better with her evening dose and only had one after that dose. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Gracie was on the move again today. Each day she gets a little braver with her steps and gets a little further from the security of something to hold onto. She's still losing her balance alot, but I'm also noticing that she is able to regain her balance and maintain a stand on more occasions. Practice makes perfect, as they say.

Gracie jabbers alot, but only has a few sounds that represent words. "Nnnnnn" means "no" and "nnnnmmy" means "food" or "nummy", today she was in her high chair and gave me a very clear "no" when I wanted to wash her face. She hates having her face washed. I think that may be the first time in my life I loved to hear someone tell me "no".

I'm noticing that Gracie's appetite is diminishing now that she is off of the ACTH. This is a good thing. We want her to lose a little of the weight she gained while on that.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: