Friday, December 19, 2008

On the Move!

Gracie had a good day today. I'm thrilled to report the spasms have decreased yet again and we only had 8 today! YAY! I talked with Gracie's neurologist today and she was very pleased to hear of Gracie's decreased spasms, but also to hear that Gracie is once again on the move. She wanted to walk constantly today....and by walk, I mean all by herself. At one point she took about 20 independent steps in a row. All very slow and deliberate. Otherwise most of her day consisted of pulling herself up on her V-Tech walking toy, walking circles around it, then to the couch, then to the V-Tech, then to the TV stand and back to the V-Tech again. She was starting to make me dizzy. She still takes many spills, or almost spills as I'm there to catch her. She did wear her helmet for awhile, but it does get warm so I give her breaks from it. At one point today she crawled to the door of her room and just head-butted the door with her helmet. I truly think she was testing it out.

Her cognitive skills seemed to be much stronger today than they have been in a while as well. She was teasing me alot today and we haven't seen her do that in a while. We also played alot of "Mommy's going to get you!" Where she crawls away and I crawl after her. However, she likes to be caught, so she stops every once in awhile and sticks her little butt out so that I can pat it. Once I do she giggles and then zoom she's gone again.

Afternoons seem to be her moody time. She just gets irritable and nothing is quite right. I do know her tummy was bothering her this afternoon -- yes, it was an antibiotic day.

We pray that the spasms will continue to decrease. If they stop by next Tuesday, we stay on the prednisolone at the current dose. If she is even having one a day at that time, we will increase the dose to three times a day rather than two.

The snow here was beautiful today. I felt like I was in a giant snowglobe. Wishing you all a great and safe weekend.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

2 comments:

Diane Hart said...

so happy to hear such a great report...thinking of you, diane

Brownie said...

oh I'm so glad :)