Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday - Oh So Very Tired

Gracie awoke in the best mood today. I was snuggling with her and she kept giving me kisses and laughing and had very few spasms. My hopes were high. We even ventured out to replenish our diaper supply. As the day wore on, we had more spasms and our mood changed as well. Gracie was oh so tired and her tummy was really bothering her. She took an hour plus nap and when she woke up she was restless and nothing seemed to comfort her other than being held and sung to, so that is how we spent most of our afternoon. She did fall asleep on me for awhile, so we rocked and let her rest.

Today I noticed that Gracie didn't have the strength or balance that she has had previously, I'm not sure if it was because she was so groggy and the meds can cause dizziness, or if we are starting to see her skills regress. I'm hoping it was just because she is so tired with the full dose of Vigabatrin. Time will tell.

Gracie did enjoy her bath tonight. She splashed a bit and had smiles. The tub seems to be a happy place for her. Ironically, when she was a baby she would scream and cry the whole time we were giving her a bath. I guess our baby is growing up.

We'll hope and pray for the Vigabatrin to kick in tomorrow.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie Good Girl

No comments: