Sunday, December 28, 2008

Holding Steady at 1

Gracie had a more restful night and her mood this morning reflected that. She was still experiencing a little G.I. distress, but much less so than yesterday. She was more active this morning and was walking around on her own more. She becomes more and more steady with each day that she works on her walking. We see less backward falls and she is able to regain her balance more often when she does start to fall. She is still very proud of herself when she makes it from destination A to destination B. Jeff and I are pretty proud too.

Gracie did have one spasm again today during her morning nap. At least I think it was a spasm. They are becoming very light and I'm trying to decide if it is a spasm or just twitching, which she does quite a bit of when sleeping.

We traveled to Jeff's sister's house this afternoon for a Christmas get together. Gracie was extremely irritable during gift opening and a good part of the afternoon. We did discover that she loves ruffles potato chips (I know, I know, what am I doing feeding potato chips to my 16 month old who has to have blood pressure checks a couple of times a week. Chalk it up to a momentary lapse in judgement and the fact that it was the only way she would stop screaming.). Gracie finally fell asleep on Jeff's shoulder -- a much needed nap and woke up to have some spaghetti and meatballs. I think Auntie Kathy must have added happy dust to the spaghetti, as Gracie's mood changed dramatically. She was smiley, happy, and ready to explore and see what she could get into. She was very happy on the way home too.

The plan is to talk with Gracie's pediatric neurologist tomorrow and see where we go from here. I hope, hope, hope we can bring the steroids down a bit. They really make her moody.

Lisa

1 comment:

Mitch said...

I always feel happier after loading up on carbs too :)