Monday, December 22, 2008

Only 6 Spasms!!!

Gracie woke up way too early this morning, but after a restless night I think she was just done sleeping. We dropped daddy off at an eye appointment across town and she smiled the whole way. I think she was just happy to be out of the house. Then we came home, had a bath, and just hung out for the morning. I let her play in my pan cupboard while I worked in the kitchen a bit and that was a HUGE hit. Gracie continued to walk from here to there and her balance keeps getting better and better. She still has falls, but I'm noticing her being able to catch and stabilize herself at times when she would have fallen previously.

We went to the clinic for weight and blood pressure checks this afternoon. Her blood pressure continues to be good and she is almost 31 pounds. We stopped in to see Auntie Sheila for a few minutes as we waited for daddy. Then we zoomed to a Christmas party at Gracie's daycare. It was fun to see all the kids and meet some of the parents I hadn't met before. Gracie enjoyed herself too. It was a very fun party -- lots of yummy food, good company, and all the children were treated to Christmas gifts as well. We also got a beautiful 8x10 of pictures taken of Gracie...it was very cool.

As our title mentions, Gracie only had 6 spasms today. This is great progress. Tomorrow I talk with the neurologist (not our usual one as she is away on vacation this week, but a sub that also specializes in seizure disorders). The plan is to increase Gracie's meds from twice a day to three times a day. I fear the child will never sleep if we add another dose, but if that can make the spasms end, we'll do it.

I continue to see progress with Gracie's cognitive skills as well. She just seems to understand more of what we are saying these days also. She is really watching our mouths and plays alot with her tongue and sounds. I'm told this is a step on the way to speech development.

My wish for Christmas this year is zero spasms!

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie