Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Prednisolone Wednesday

For those of you that read my battle of wills story from yesterday. Gracie awoke this morning at 4:30 a.m. and crawled over to the electrical outlet we had been battling over, touched it, laughed, and looked my way. That little turkey! Later this morning, she did crawl over to it, looked at it and didn't touch it, so maybe she is starting to listen to her wise mother!

We started out our morning with a trip to the Mayo Clinic pharmacy to pick up the prednisolone to start today. She takes it once in the morning and once at night. I can already tell it is making her hyper, restless, and we are seeing the beginning of irritability set in. That being said, she still had happy times today, many of them when she had a full tummy. She was very active today and with that comes a few bumps as her balance isn't quite where it needs to be.

Auntie Sheila stopped in for a quick visit and it was nice for Gracie to see and play with someone other than mommy. I enjoyed the visit as well.

We had fewer spasms today, I would estimate less than 15. We had only one tiny one tonight and nighttime is where we usually see quite a few. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, but will pray that this is the sign of the Prednisolone working.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: