Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday - Lots of Time Outside

Gracie had a good night with the exception of being up from 1:00 - 2:30 a.m. She awoke when I got up to go to the bathroom and then she couldn't fall back to sleep. She did wake up in a great mood and had some really good smiles for me. Then it was time for breakfast and meds. She would let them go in her mouth, but she wouldn't swallow anything. For 30 minutes she walked around the house with applesauce, toaster streudel, meds, and water crammed in her mouth. She finally spit most of it out down her shirt and we got the rest out by having her brush her teeth. Then it took me another hour to get her to take her meds. Needless to say I was late to work again. She has been taking them so good again, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Taking them at night is never a problem, so I don't think it is a flavor thing. We did use peach applesauce today, which was what she had a problem with last time...so maybe she doesn't like that anymore...it used to be her favorite. Or maybe she is just being two. Or maybe it's sensory thing and she likes feeling the food swish in her mouth. Who knows?

Gracie had a good day at daycare and got to spend alot of time outside in the fresh air. It was a beautiful day to be out. All that fresh air made Gracie one tired girl.

We didn't allow her to have any yogurt today. I made a strawberry banana smoothie with almond milk for her meds this evening and she ate that quite well. She was in a very good mood tonight despite being tired. Less clingy, happy, and playful. I really do think the yogurt was making her not feel good, thus making her so moody and wanting to be held constantly. She wanted yogurt so bad tonight. I let her hold onto the container, but she didn't get to eat any. If only the soy yogurt tasted better.

Gracie ate a good supper tonight and was a very good girl. Tonight when she was falling asleep, I was laying beside her and she kept whispering "hi" to me over and over again. I said "hi" back and then told her that she needed to go to sleep. She whispered "hi" again, then put her index finger over her lips and said "shhhh". That cracked me up..she told herself to be quiet.

Good night all.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: