Saturday, March 6, 2010

Friday & Saturday

Sorry there wasn't a blog on Friday night. I layed down with Gracie at bedtime and I fell asleep also. Jeff also needed to go to bed early as he had to be up by 4:00 a.m. this morning for work.

Gracie had a pretty good night last night with a little restlessness toward early morning. She and I snuggled in until 7:00 a.m. this morning. She was in a fairly good mood, but had moments of crankiness. That all changed after her bath. She was the best little girl a mom could ask for the rest of the day.

Gracie and I were sharing a roll of Smarties candies. She had the last piece and was savoring it by holding it in her fingers and licking it. I kept telling her I was going to get it and I would chase her a bit. She was loving all of this as she LOVES to be chased. At one point she was running away from me and said "I got it". That would be her first sentence. :)

Gracie was looking at some pictures today and one was of Jeff a couple years back making this really cheesy smile. Gracie looked up at me with a very similar cheesy smile and said "daddy". She was totally imitating the picture. Looks like I live with two comedians.

Gracie and I were thrilled to get company this afternoon. Aunt Sheila and cousin Kayla stopped in to play. Gracie loved the company and had a fun time playing with both of them.

Daddy surprised us by coming home at 7:00 p.m., which was a little earlier than expected. This meant that Gracie was able to spend a little time with him before bed. When he came home she stood at the gate dancing.

There will not be a blog tomorrow night as Gracie and I are checking in at the Sleep Clinic to see if Gracie has sleep apnea or other issues related to her restlessness and our concern with how she stops breathing for about 10 seconds before she resumes. If you've got some extra prayers, we would love some for good results for Gracie's tests and that she is cooperative. Although to be honest, she is usually so good for appointments, she makes me proud.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: