Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What a Hoot Wednesday!

My girl woke up about 5:15 this morning. It was a great day from there on out.

We had a chest xray this morning, and then an appointment to see our Peds doctor after that. This was a follow-up for her pneumonia from about 4 weeks ago. Grace charmed everyone at the Clinic this morning. She was chatty and smiled at everyone. Even her doctor, who has known her since day 3, said, "Miss Grace, you're just a new woman!" I think she was glad to see that Grace was not as subdued as in weeks and months past.

The fun didn't end there. After returning home from the Clinic, she was still in such a good mood. I continue to see that my girlie has quite the sense of humor. She still loves to play tricks on dad and then laugh out loud about doing so. When she would get tired (after all of the trickery), she would snuggle in beside me and then look up with those little brown eyes with an expression as if to say, "You are my favorite dad in the whole world." She's so sweet (and biased).

I had to leave for a while this evening, but Lisa reports that Gracie was equally amusing throughout the night.

I have to go back to work next week, and it is with mixed emotions. While it is true that I look forward to getting back to work and running through Mayo's halls 100 mph like my hair's on fire, I will also miss the time that I have spent over the past 4 weeks. It has been educational and entertaining. It has really been a super time that I wouldn't trade for anything.

Anyway - off to bed I must go. So thus endeth the blog for this evening.

Have a super day!

Love,
Jeff, Lisa and Gracie

No comments: