Friday, February 13, 2009

Fun Friday

As you read last night, we had company and I didn't get to bed until about 12:50 a.m. This, of course, would be the night that Grace decided to get up at about 1:45 a.m. Lisa walked with her until about 2:30. That's when Grace came walking into our room and said, "hey dad, it's your turn now!" We walked the floor until almost 3:30 - and then slept until 5:25. Boy, was I dragging today!

I thought that perhaps I could take a nap when Gracie did - yes, all 35 minutes of it this morning. Oy vay!

Despite my complaining (and if it's so bad, why am I still up at 10:30 this evening?) - we had a really good day. Grace learned a new trick today. It's the old, "get dad to come close and pull him to the floor by his lip" trick. It's amazing how you can lead someone simply by grabbing their lip. I need to remember that one for later (perhaps when she's 16 and brings home a date - hmm).

We made a trip to the store today, and Gracie, in her usual fashion, made friends with everyone she saw.

Again, Grace amazes me with her level of comprehension. Even though she has been able to vocalize very little - she proves that she can understand a great deal - and also uses her own method of communication to get across her point (sometimes quite loudly!).

To sum up - it was another fun and "proud dad" day.

Gotta get to bed. I imagine I'll be walking again tonite.

Have a great Valentine's Day. Look for Lisa to be writing over the weekend.

Until Monday.

Love,
Jeff, Lisa, and Gracie

No comments: