Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Stuffy Wednesday

The day started off with a stuffed up nose and a fever. I am glad to say that both of them cleared up! Well, actually the fever cleared in the morning. The nose would only clear with the help of a Kleenex - and then only partially.

Grace was up at 4:00 this morning walking the floor again, refusing to sleep. She kept muttering something about not being able to breath. We tried our trusty couch, but still couldn't get comfy. Finally about 5:00, we both fell asleep on the floor of the living room. We stayed there until dad felt a tap tap & Lisa saying, "it's 6:45, get up." Getting up at 6:45 is perfect. That allows me to get in the shower & if I go quickly, I can catch the opening theme song to Arthur. I just love that tune!

Today was filled with smiles and nose blowing (there was no smiling during the nose blowing though, Grace really does NOT enjoy that part of the day). We also walked alot, with a look saying, "look at me, I am a big girl" (that would be Grace saying that, of course - I haven't said, "look at me, I'm a big girl" in years).

We also played "Where's Gracie" for quite a while today. She so enjoys that game, I think even more than when she "invented" it. Now when she plays it is an all out belly laugh when the game gets in full swing. You may be wondering why I say she "invented" the game of "Where's Gracie". It is because she started it on her own, we did not teach it to her - so as far as she is concerned, she created that game all on her own. When she is older I will break the news that "Peek-a-boo" has actually been around for thousands of years.

The highlight of the day was when the Fed Ex man came delivering our new Tupperware Sippy Cups! Woo Hoo!! How fun to get a package delivered to the door. We can't wait until our cold is gone so we can get out again (can you tell?)!

Well, off to bed. Reveille has been between 4:00 & 5:00 for the past few days, so no reason to expect it to be different on Thursday morning.

Thank you again for your continued support.

Love,
Jeff, Lisa, and Gracie

No comments: