Tuesday, February 3, 2009

No Bottle Tuesday

Today was an early day again (however, it was a NO-BOTTLE night!!). I was greeted by a smiley little girl at 5:30 this morning. We had a descent breakfast, an early nap and then tons o' fun in the morning. We even made a trip to the post office to mail a package to Grandma and Grandpa Duncan. Grace was so well behaved, other parents said to their kids, "Why can't you be more like that little girl." Of course, this sent Grace over the edge, and she shouted, "I am a BIG GIRL!!!"

Okay - seriously, she behaved very well at the post office and dad was a proud guy.

Again we played lots of games and worked on walking today. If you have had a chance to catch some previous posts, you remember that Grace has had trouble walking since our pneumonia episode. We have had to relearn (or re-get confidence) to do so. She was more brave (or "more braver" for those of you in Arkansas) today and set out on her own a few times - taking 6 or 7 steps from one object to another. Tomorrow we will shoot for ten steps at once.

Grace is also doing better in some other games and activities. I feel that I have really seen her make progress over the past few days. Honestly, they are simple things, like raising your hands on cue, waving "bye bye", turning the pages, or even sitting for books again - but for us they are such large victories to see that she is back on track and making headway.

Today's big deal, along with playing chase, was to use dad as a "Jungle Jeff". Grace and I would be lying beside each other on the floor. She would then decide to use me as a prop to move herself into a kneeling or standing position and then proceed to push me over (she is strong). Once I was on my back, she would then crawl over me as if I were some sort of obstacle course. Oh, the abuse I take (poor me)!

Overall, today was a very good day. I think it must've been a full day for Grace, as she fell asleep in Mommy's lap on the couch. She's so cute (yeah, I know - but I can't help it, I'm the dad. It's what I do).

Thank you again for your prayers, kind comments and overall support.

Love,
Jeff, Lisa, and Gracie

No comments: