Friday, February 20, 2009

"Four-Wheel" Friday

Today was a big day for us. Grace went to daycare for about 4 hours this morning just to ease her back into the routine. From what I am told, she had a very good time. She must've played awfully hard because her head started to dip when I put her in the car seat, and she was asleep before I got my seat belt buckled.

We had a real good afternoon. Grace took 2 naps (that would be counting the one that started in the van, and lasted for another 60 minutes). We played and sang quite a bit.

I can tell that Grace is going to be a tough girl. She has already proven this by her lack of crying, or even flinching, at her blood tests and how she handled the ACTH injections. But - now her latest thing is to crawl over dad when she needs to get something that is on the other side of him - or perhaps just to gnaw on the other side of his face. I call this "Four-Wheeling" because she truly just starts rolling over me like a monster truck, and then will just stop when she gets to what she wants -sometimes leaving her knee lodged in my throat or a finger in my nose.

Today was my last day of being a stay at home dad (boy, that month went fast!). All in all, I would say that it went pretty well. My hat is off to anyone who is a stay at home parent. I have never been busier in my life. Anyone who says that a stay at home parent doesn't work, or doesn't have a job is just cracked.

This means, of course, that I have to go back to work on Monday. I hope I can find my toothbrush.

Have a great weekend!

Love,
Jeff, Lisa, and Gracie

2 comments:

Auntie Cheryl said...

If you can't find your toothbrush, I am SURE Lisa has an extra supply!

You are a great dad!

Good Luck to the three of you during this transition!

Brownie said...

at the beginning of troubles we always wonder how we're going to get through it. I thought that when Sir had his k/p transplant.

then you go through it - and in the midst it seems to take forever.

then at the other end... you think, can't believe we got through it.. and it just becomes part of your personal history..

just my rambling thoughts from a SAHM, PT employed - PT of those PT working hours at home while being SAHM - you wonder why I ramble???