Thursday, February 5, 2009

Giggling Thursday

The day started off at 5:30 again. Lisa got up and said, "Grace is restless, try snuggling her." Well, despite my best efforts, dad does not snuggle like mom, and so Grace was awake and restless. Since doing things the "mommy way" doesn't always work for dads, I decided to try the "daddy way" - I offered her $10 to go back to sleep. Okay, but really - I picked her up and went to the couch where we sat down together and soon both of us fell fast asleep until Lisa woke me up at 6:45. I don't care what anyone tells you - lying on the couch with a girly on your lap is a special time. I expect that I will miss it when she is too old to do so.

The rest of the day was filled with naps, lunch, spilling on our clothes, changing clothes and spilling again. We also played some games, walked around a little bit - and today - through my foolish antics, I created a great giggling monster. Grace just giggled and giggled for about 10 minutes - which, of course, caused me to giggle - which, in turn, caused her to giggle more. Oh, my stomach hurt at the end of our giggling session.

We went to Baldwin for a blood test again today. Grace is so used to the tests that she knows right where to go, and walks right up to greet the receptionist. Of course all of the techs there know her and say, "Hi Gracie! How are you today?" It is nice that she does not hold a grudge against them, as it is the same people sticking her each time. Instead she just gives a big smile. Grace made us proud (again) during her blood draw. Lisa and I always tell her, "you can be tough if you want to, but if you want to cry - go right ahead, its okay." Today again - she did not even flinch as the needle went into her arm. My girl is a toughie!!

Well - I will be getting up at 5:30 again on Friday morning - and if you read yesterday's entry, you know that 5:30 comes the same time every day . . . EARLY!

So - must be off to bed.

Have a great day / upcoming weekend. Thank you for all of your support, prayer, and encouragement.

Love,
Jeff, Lisa, and Gracie

No comments: