Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wednesday with Dad (again)

Hello again, as you may guess, the Gracie Update is being brought to by none other than Jeff the dad. Today was a pretty good day. Grace stayed home from daycare again today - and it looks like Thursday too - as she is still running a bit of a fever.

Today's highlight was at lunch. Some of you may have already heard me rant about this - so forgive me if I repeat. There should be a product warning for dumb dads (like myself) - similar to the following. Product: Disney "Cinderella" dinner plate / "Warning, when using this plate for actual meal, child may dump food from plate in order to see the picture of the pretty princess."

Yeah, we had our lunch get dumped all over the table. I should've seen it coming, but wasn't even thinking about it, as I was too focussed on getting lunch served. Oh well - after the fact, it was pretty funny.

Considering we only took a 35 minute nap today, Grace was in a good mood for the majority of the day. She was a wild girl in the tub. I don't think we had to pull the drain plug, as she splashed most of it out of the tub and onto either the floor, her mom or her dad - but she sure did have fun!

As usual, we read quite a few books today. I really love reading to her. It is a time when she sits down on my lap, snuggles in, and gives her undivided attention. Every now and then she will look up to say, "this sure is a good story, isn't it dad?" We also listened to some music. I found Harry Belafonte concert footage on youtube and we have been watching (or rather, "listening and dancing") to that. Oh, what fun!

That's really our day in a nutshell. Grace and mommy went to bed early. I am staying up working on a project - but now is time for me to goto bed too. So . . . good night.

Love to all,
Jeff, Lisa, and Gracie


No comments: