Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tuesday - what a croupy day

Hello. Today's edition of the Gracie update is being brought to you by Jeff, the dad. Grace did not have such a good night last night. Lisa woke me up around 3:30 with a snorting girlie. She could barely breathe, and had a fever too. We considered taking her to the ER (for the 3rd time in a week?), but tried the old standby of taking her into a steamy bathroom (after running a hot shower for a few minutes) and then taking her directly to the cold garage. That seemed to do the trick, as she was then able to breath.

Being that I already planned to have Tues, Wed & Thurs off - I was elected to stay home and watch over Grace. We had a pretty good day. After falling back to sleep from our 3:30 a.m. incident, Grace slept in until about 7:00 or 7:15. We played and ate (no potato or tortilla chips, though), watched some TV - and, of course, had a few horsey rides.

I think we heard a new word this afternoon. Whenever we are trying to accomplish something, but Grace is one step ahead (for example, she is trying to go outside while I am still trying to put on her coat), I will sign and say, "wait please." While I was giving her her applesauce (with her Topamax), she was alternating between me and the TV (with Signing Times playing). I said, "Gracie, come get another bite." Apparently I was getting too pushy as suddenly I heard- what sounded like - "wait!" I roared! I think she was proud too.

Grace felt good for most of the day - a little sleepy, but no fever. I left to go to an evening meeting at church. When I arrived home, I was informed that I would have a little helper with me again tomorrow, as Gracie's temp had gone back up to 100.5. Oh well, at least she is sick during the week that I am off, instead of next week when we are both supposed to be busy at work. I'll just have to spend time with my girl and go on some more horsey rides { what a bummer :-) }

That's about all for now. Have a super night and a good Wednesday.

Love,
Jeff, Lisa, and Gracie

No comments: