Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday - Hanging with Mom & Dad

Gracie didn't get the memo that it was Saturday and we could sleep as late as we wanted. She awoke at 5:40 a.m. She layed in bed for a while and snuggled with Jeff and I. She was in a great mood and finally had enough snuggling and decided it was time to play. She was very content letting us lay in bed with our eyes half open while she would run in and out of the room with this toy or that book. We finally made our way to the kitchen for breakfast about 7:00 a.m.

Grace was in a great mood this morning and chattered quite a bit. She had a great time in the tub and then took a 5 minute nap on daddy's shoulder while I was in the shower. That refreshed her for awhile, but she took a really long nap this afternoon. She fell asleep at 1:20 p.m. and didn't wake up until about 4:30 p.m. I slept for part of that time too, as did Jeff. We all needed it.

After naptime we headed to Home Depot and Gracie had a great time looking at all of the sinks and making the motion of washing her hands. We also looked at stoves and this was great fun for her too. Much to my dismay, Gracie has always been drawn to stoves. When we are cooking I have to watch her like a hawk.

This afternoon Gracie was looking through an animal book, and very loud and plain she said "DUCK". It was actually a goose, but I'm going to give that one to her. The she took my finger and pointed to it. She was looking at a birthday card of hers (yes, from last July) and pointed to a balloon on it and said "balloon". She just keeps learning more and more new words. Jeff and I get so excited when we hear a new one.

Gracie was a good girl all day, with a few small meltdowns here and there, but on the grand scope of things, it was a great day.

She is now sleeping peacefully and I think it is my bedtime too.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: