Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday - Not Feeling Good Again

Gracie had a horrible night. It was evident she didn't feel good and she literally tossed and turned and cried all night long. She was so frustrated that even in her half sleep state she would reach out and hit or pull my hair. She was beside herself. Needless to say her sleep was not of any quality and I pretty much didn't sleep other than a doze or two hear and there. Gracie woke up at 5:00 a.m. and was not a happy girl. She did not want to be set down and if I did lay her down she would just fuss and cry. I walked with her and sang (it reminded me of her I.S. days and I hope to never relive them) from about 5:30 a.m. until 8:30 a.m. She fell asleep for about 20 minutes and I was able to sit down with her resting on top of me. She awoke and was still feeling pretty funky. A little while later she had the nastiest dirty diaper. It was evident she didn't feel well. That helped matters alot, although she had little episodes through the day when you just knew she was experiencing gas and I'm guessing cramping.

I was finally able to get her to take in some fluids and that did wonders for her, and then she had a few crackers and that did wonders as well. She did not have a great appetite at all today, but did eat a little bit here and there. She was happy to take in fluids thankfully.

Gracie had some happy times today later in the day. She chattered alot with me and it was a good day for snuggling and doing more quiet play. She even did quite a bit of independent play today.

Gracie's physical therapist came over at 4:00 p.m. and I didn't cancel as she was doing alot better by then. She was very cooperative and Sandy was thrilled with her improvement on going up and down the stairs. We avoided anything that would bother her tummy.

Gracie and daddy had splashing wars at bathtime. Gracie was so tired tonight, but she was very restless when I put her to bed. I'm hoping for a more restful night tonight.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: