Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday - A Fun Time Outside

Gracie had a good night but must of woke up on the wrong side of the bed. She was a bit cranky this morning. Jeff and I both had hair appointments. Jeff's was first and mine was second, so I bundled Gracie up and we did a Gracie trade at the salon. When I went to put Gracie in the car, I opened up the garage door and said "Look Gracie, it's snowing!" There were huge fluffy flakes falling everywhere. Gracie's reply was an insistent "no". I insisted it was and then she just laughed.

Jeff and Gracie hung out this morning into early afternoon, which gave me time to get my hair done and a much needed trip to my favorite store...Target. I hadn't been there in a while and we needed everything.

Jeff left for band practice after I got home and I bundled Gracie up and we took a nice long walk outside. It was in the 30's and the sun was shining. It was beautiful out and it did wonders for Gracie's disposition. She loved it and her endurance is increasing. We walked all around an extended block. Last fall she could only make it half way around before she tired out and needed to be carried. Today, she walked the whole thing. She loved the snow. She also met "Oliver" on our walk. A big, yet very gentle, dog. She was a little timid of Oliver, but Oliver introduced himself. We were just about home when she slipped and fell on her butt. She was holding my hand, so it was a soft landing, but she got a little wet. Her cheeks were rosy and cold when we got home, but she enjoyed every minute of being outside. At one point, she came across a small bush that had been cut back in the fall. Gracie loves trees. I told her it was a "tree". She held a branch with her hand and informed me that it was a "nice tree".

The rest of our afternoon and evening was spent just playing and reading books. She even just sat on my lap for an extended time while I rocked and she looked at a magazine. It was so much fun to spend good quality time with Gracie today. I discovered she has a great love of chocolate brownies.

She is sleeping now. I think all that fresh air tired her out.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: