Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday - "Clock"

Gracie had a pretty restless night, but awoke in a great mood, once she had her mandatory snuggling in! She was very chatty this morning. When I changed her diaper, she repeated the word "diaper" plain and clear. Jeff and I are chatting away this morning and Gracie is looking through one of her magazines. All of a sudden she pointed to a picture of a clock and said "clock". Both of us stopped and had to assure each other that is what we heard. She beamed when I noted what she had said. She has always had a love of clocks.

Jeff took her to daycare and I picked her up early as her early intervention teacher and physical therapist came to our house to continue her evaluation for her IEP. Gracie was very chatty, very happy to engage, but didn't really want to do any of the tasks asked of her. It was much more fun to take the objects she was supposed to be working with and run into her room with them.

After they left, Gracie went through a really tired stage. She ate very little for supper. Just wasn't hungry. She had a great time splashing in the tub. We were all soaked when bathtime was over. She didn't want to get out of the tub, even after all of the water had been drained. After having her fight me to take her out, I just left her in there without water for awhile. At one point I asked her if she was going to sleep in the tub tonight. Then I said "good night". She thought this was great fun and layed down in the tub and kept telling Jeff and I "good night".

I did finally convince her to come out of the tub...so she is now sleeping...in her bed.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: