Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thursday & we're exhausted

Hello again from Jeff the dad. Gracie stayed home with me again today. The day started off rough, when Lisa called to me at 1:30 a.m. and asked me to start up the shower on "hot" to generate some steam again. We have done this for Grace for the past 3 or 4 nights, just to unclog her airway. After the steaming and cooling process, I went back to bed - only to be re-awoke at 3:00, with Lisa asking me to take Grace for a while, as she had been walking with her since 1:30. Grace was tired but couldn't get to sleep. So - I took Grace and sent Lisa to bed. Grace fell asleep a little before 3:30 a.m. (I know, it's not fair, but that's what a change of scenery will do, I guess).

The rest of the day was spent wiping her nose (wouldn't you think she'd eventually just run out?), and mopping up spit (she drools more when she can't breath through her nose). Gracie was very good for much of the day, despite not having a nap all day, but it did make for a very moody (fortunately short) evening.

When Grace's temp hit 100.5 again today, we decided to hop down to the clinic (I know, "why not drive? it's faster" - I asked the same thing) - and found that she is over-all pretty good, she has the same thing that is going around town, but not pneumonia - or Old-monia for that matter. *yay!*

We are all pretty wiped out here at the house. Grace and Lisa went to bed around 7:30, and I am heading to bed shortly after this is typed (it's 8:20 now). sorry for the lack of "news" but I'm really tired.

Good night to all.

Jeff, Lisa, and Gracie

No comments: