Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday - Lots of OT

Gracie had an okay night, she was quite restless at times and then woke up bright and early at 5:30 a.m. She was in a good mood and was happy when her ECSE teacher and her OT from school arrived to work with her. Gracie was very chatty and entertaining. Then we headed to daycare. On the way there I hit a HUGE pothole in the road. It shook the car. I'm not sure if I said "Whoa" or not, I may have. From the backseat I hear a little voice say "Whoa Momma".

Jeff picked Gracie up at daycare and hustled to the clinic for her OT session there. Gracie was a very good girl and by the time I caught up with them, her session was underway. Gracie was very tolerant, attended to the things she was asked, let us know when she was done, but didn't fuss when she was told she had to finish something before we could move on. She was very cooperative and happpy and had alot to say. When we are all done, she was told she could go see Rachel. Rachel is one of the clinical assistants at the desk (she loves them all and they are so good to her). When she got to the desk, Rachel was rooming another patient and wasn't there. Oh my, big crocodile tears appeared and a big sad face too. Our OT went to find Rachel who came and gave her a hug and then all was well.

On the way to the car Gracie burped. I said "say excuse me" and she did. It was so cute that I laughed a little, which caused her to say it again and again and laugh along with me. She was so silly and fun tonight.

We've started putting drops in Gracie's ears to loosen up the wax build-up and prepare her for her next appointment in ENT. This has caused Gracie's ears to bother her...ALOT. I had to give her Motrin before she could fall asleep they were bothering her so bad. Poor dear.

She is now asleep and I'm not too far behind her.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: