Friday, March 13, 2009

Well Rested and Happy

Gracie fell asleep last night at 6:30 p.m. and slept straight through to 6:00 a.m. this morning. It was a very restful sleep and she awoke in the best mood! We have a gate across our bathroom doorway so that Gracie can see me get ready in the morning, but not actually join me since she has a great love of the toilet. So the whole time I'm putting on my makeup and fixing my hair she stood at the gate with her blankie over it and her head resting on it and she would look up and smile at me. It was so sweet.

Gracie had a good day at daycare and daddy picked her up about 3:30 p.m. She was in a great mood when I came home around 6 p.m. She always likes to snuggle with me for about 10 minutes after I come home. Any time daddy would come near she would get all excited and start giggling. Rumor has it there was a great game of "I'm going to get you!" before I got home.

She took her sprinkle and crushed meds with applesauce just fine, but when it came time for her liquid meds, she clamped her mouth shut and shook her head "no". She has been saying "no", but she just started shaking her head to express "no". Unfortunately for her, daddy was boss on this one and she had to take them.

She wasn't very hungry for dinner. Her appetite has really gone down for the evening meal. She ate a little bit of pasta and salmon, but her favorite was the orange gatorade she got to drink. It's one of the things we use to bribe her to swallow her liquid meds. For those of you that don't remember, Gracie HATED orange Gatorade or anything orange for that matter when she was around a year old. That has changed. She thinks it is pretty cool if she gets orange Gatorade.

Gracie fell asleep on my lap drinking her evening bottle. Actually we snuggled for awhile on the couch and I dozed as well. She is now in bed, all snuggled in.

Have a great weekend. Tomorrow we begin breaking in Gracie's orthotics.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: