Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday - Increase of Meds

Gracie slept from 7:20 p.m. last night til 6:30 a.m. this morning. She had a pretty restful night, but did scream out a couple of times. She awoke in the best mood and just wanted to hold mommy's hand. When I tried to take it away, she just held on tight and wouldn't let go. It was really sweet.

Gracie had a good day at daycare and was happy to see daddy when he picked her up. The two of them headed home to wait for mommy. I had to stop and pick up groceries as we were out of everything and had planned to do so this weekend, but ran out of time. By the time I made it home at 6:45 p.m., Gracie had fallen asleep on daddy's shoulder. He layed her down in bed, I kissed her, took her out of her clothes and put her jammies on and she didn't wake up. She was one tired girl.

I talked with Gracie's pediatric neurologist today. Gracie has had four absence seizures on us over the last month, she also has had some jerks that are similar to the infantile spasms while she is sleeping. We have decided to increase her Topamax, which is her epilepsy medication to see if that will control both. Whenever we do an increase, Gracie goes into a foggy, groggy state of being for a week or two. I'm not looking forward to that. If that doesn't do the trick or if we see it increasing we'll be back in the hospital for additional monitoring. Please keep the prayers coming. I was also concerned because we see constant twitches in Gracie's arms and legs as she is falling asleep. I was relieved to find out that is nothing to worry about and is quite normal. Some people are twitchers.

I'm feeling sad that I didn't get to play with Gracie this evening. Guess I'll have to go snuggle with her while she is sleeping.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: