Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday - Occupational Therapy

Gracie slept from 7:30 ish last night to 6:00 a.m. this morning. She awoke in a great and snuggly mood and was so much fun this morning. She was full of smiles.

Gracie had a good day at daycare and took a good afternoon nap. Daddy picked her up shortly after 3:00 p.m. and headed to the clinic for occupational therapy with Emily. Gracie seemed very groggy through her session. She gets easily distracted by all the other therapists and patients in the room, and wants to go "visiting". Her favorite part was popping bubbles with her pointer finger. We are to work on "blowing" with her and also having her crawl and sit with her arm supporting her as her arms seem weak and we need to work on developing those muscles more. As we increase Gracie's Topamax she goes into what I call a "groggy foggy" state until she gets used to it. I thought that might be why she was so tired at OT. However, when I got her home, she got her second wind. She gave me tons of kisses (usually those are reserved for daddy) and kept saying "hi". Lots of smiles and snuggles and giggles too.

We once again had a battle of the wills at her night light. She crawled up to it, but didn't touch it and then looked at me. I just shook my head no, then she looked back at the night light, then back at me, I shook my head no again. This went on for about 10 times. Then she put out her arm to touch it and I said "No, no, Gracie". At this she pulled back her hand and didn't touch the night light. This happened another time and again she pulled back her hand. Then the little munchkin giggled, looked at me and touched the night light, knowing full well it was a "no, no". This got her removed from the area. Throughout this whole scenario I was biting my lip so I wouldn't laugh. She just loves to test mommy.

She fell asleep at 7:30 p.m. and having just checked on her, hasn't moved a muscle. It's so nice to have her sleeping peacefully.

Tomorrow we increase her Topamax again, so it will be interesting to see how she does over the weekend with the increased amount. Thankfully, we've seen no more absence seizures.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: