Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday - Mommy's Tub Splasher

Gracie had a very restful night again last night. About 4:00 a.m. she rolled over and snuggled in with me. I love when she is a snuggle bunny. She awoke at 5:30 a.m. and was daddy's girl this morning. Gracie was good about taking her Topamax (epilepsy med) this morning as usual, but decided her Vigabatrin and applesauce should not stay in her mouth. I finally got her to swallow most of it. Then it was time for her liquid Zantac...yeah, that was a waste. It went in and then she let it drain out of her mouth. Next week we don't have to do Zantac anymore, nor will we have to do the antibiotic...YAY!

Gracie had a good day at daycare. When I dropped her off, she thought it would be great fun to terrorize the baby in the swing. When mommy told her "no, no, you need to just watch the baby", she asserted herself even more toward the baby. After a few of these attempts mommy moved her to the other side of the room. That was met with tears. It is so hard leaving her behind when she is sad, I just want to pick her up and smother her with kisses.

Daddy picked Gracie up at daycare and they had a good time at home. When I finally made it home, Gracie was pretty tired. She perked up a bit while she ate dinner and then it was bath time. Splash! Splash! Splash! She just loves to make the water fly out of the tub. When she is done splashing we are all soaked. I love to see her do this, because she stopped doing it for awhile when on steroids. She is very happy when she is splashing.

Gracie fell asleep at 7:35 p.m. I snuggled with her in my arms for awhile and didn't want to put her in bed. She was so sweet and snuggly. I'm pleased to say that she is still spasm free and I haven't seen any absence seizures in a couple of days. YAY!

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: