Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday - A Day to Play Outside

Just as I was saying what peaceful sleep Gracie has been having she had a horribly restless night. Constant tossing and turning. She awoke at 5:30 a.m. and was ready to start the day. Daddy took Gracie to daycare and showed them how to put on Gracie's foot braces as she doesn't wear them all day, we gradually have to break them in.

When I arrived this evening to pick Gracie up, she was playing ball outside. She was all dirty -- a good sign that she had fun! Gracie cried most of the way home and about a minute from home she fell asleep. I took her out of her car seat and we went inside, I layed her down on her bed and she didn't move. She slept for about 90 minutes and I think she would have slept longer had I not gone in her room and rustled around a bit. There is a good chance she could have slept through the night, but she needed to take meds and she refuses them when she is sleepy.

Gracie ate some dinner and then she had a nice warm bath. After her bath she was still cranky, so we turned on a music DVD of Michael Monroe and the music calmed her. She had lots of smiles.

She is now in bed and I'm thinking I will join her shortly. Sweet dreams to all of you.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: