Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Little Miss Grumpy Grundy

Gracie had a restful night, one of the more peaceful ones she has had in a long time. She awoke at 5:30 a.m. but was kind of tired and a bit grumpy. She snuggled with her daddy for a few minutes before he took off for work...which was precious time as he is working long hours this week and she hasn't gotten to see much of him.

She had a good day at daycare, but had some "attitude" when I got there and had a fit when I put on her coat and hat. She cried the whole way home. Once we got home I snuggled with her for a little bit, we walked and bounced and that calmed her for a little while. She ate a little dinner and took her meds, but again started crying and was not happy at all. I gave her a bath a little early as that is always a hit and she was happy in the tub, but as soon as she was out she was not happy and let me know it.

We went upstairs, sat at her little table and sang with her musical Sesame Street book. Thinking she was probably still hungry I put a couple of waffles in the toaster and we ate waffles and sang. This seemed to mellow her out. She fell asleep drinking her evening bottle and is snuggled in for the night. I'm sure she'll sleep better once daddy comes home and gives her a tuck in kiss.

Sweet dreams!

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: