Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mommy's Little Teaser

Gracie had a very restless night again....or perhaps I should say early morning. She started her rolling at 1 a.m. and by 4 a.m. it was constant movement. I was exhausted just watching her. She seemed to be stuffed up too, so I think she was a bit miserable. I tried having her lay on me for a little while...but she was in roll mode. She totally awoke at 5 a.m., but was quite grumpy. I think she was just tired.

Gracie had a good day at daycare and daddy picked her up this evening and then it was Gracie and mom tonight as daddy had play practice at church. Gracie was quite a little teaser. She was laying on the floor sucking her thumb. I came over and told her I wanted to suck her other thumb, she always offers us fingers to suck, but her thumbs are pretty precious and reserved for her only. Well I put her thumb in my mouth and she giggled. Then I told her I wanted the thumb that she was sucking, I took it out of her mouth and went to suck it...she giggled again. We giggled together for a little bit and then I told her I wanted her thumbs again, the little tease quickly put both of her thumbs in her mouth at once so mommy couldn't get them and then she smiled big time at her success!

We read books tonight, but she was so tired. At 7:30 p.m. she fell asleep in my arms drinking her bottle. I've noticed she has quite a few involuntary body movements after she falls asleep. They always worry me, but we don't think they are related to I.S. I'm always on heightened alert for any strange body jerks or movements.

Sweet dreams to all.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: