Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday - Not Feeling Good

Gracie came down with a nasty cold and had a horrible night. She couldn't sleep as she was so congested. She wanted to sleep so badly and yet, felt so miserable she couldn't. I tried sleeping on the couch with her so she would be upright, but she couldn't get comfortable. So I walked and bounced with her for quite a while. We tried rocking, but that really wasn't the ticket either. Neither of us got more than a couple hours of sleep and by morning she was so tired, irritable, and just didn't feel well. I ended up staying home from work to care for her and I'm so glad I made that decision. She needed some extra TLC today.

We both took a nap this morning, although hers lasted over 3 hours, mine did not! She just didn't have much of an appetite today either. She didn't want any breakfast, she did drink some milk. At lunch time, she ate a little bit but didn't want her milk. Knowing she needed extra fluids today I brought out the orange Gatorade. That got some smiles and she drank a nice glass full.

We did more quiet things today -- sang, read books, snuggled, and watched her "Signing Times" DVD. By 2 p.m. she was more than ready for another nap. She slept about 2 hours and I have to admit, I took another nap with her. She awoke with lots of smiles, which was great as they were hard to come by today. She was especially snuggly with mommy after nap time.

Gracie and daddy hung out for an hour and a half while I ran an errand and she was in a pretty good mood. She didn't want much to eat for dinner, but really enjoyed mashed potatoes and gravy. I think her throat is sore, so the smooth foods feel good going down.

She is now in bed, but very restless. Her nose keeps draining and I've been in a couple of times to suck it out with the "nose squicher" -- not sure hot it got that name (I think because that is the sound it makes). I think it may be another long night. Glad I got a few naps in today.

By the way, as of tomorrow, Gracie will be down to only two meds...her Topamax for epilepsy (which she'll more than likely take forever) and Vigabatrin, the med that we got from Canada since it is not FDA approved in the U.S. We hope to start that wean shortly.

Have a great weekend.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: