Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sunny Snotty Saturday

Gracie slept until 8:00 a.m. this morning...yes, 8:00 a.m. It was a very restless sleep from about 4:00 a.m. on, but sleep none-the-less. She would roll over, lift her head up, look at me, and then plop her head back down, stick her thumb in her mouth and she would be out again.

Gracie still didn't feel great today, but was a pretty happy girl for the most part. The amount of snotty discharge that I wiped from her nose just amazes me. How can such a small child produce so much? But enough on that topic.

I was quite concerned after her morning nap as her breathing was a real raspy sound from her chest. Once she was up for a little while that seemed to clear up and I didn't hear it again through the afternoon. She took a 90 minute nap this afternoon and woke up all smiles.

Since it was sunny and 62 degrees I decided it would be okay to take her outside for a short time. I debated as to whether or not this would be a good idea, but finally decided the fresh air might be just what she needed. We took a walk down the block with Gracie wearing her foot braces. She is still a little wobbly with them, so I thought a nice walk might help. When she would get pooped, she would sit on the sidewalk for a minute and then we would continue walking again. She has a great love for the wood windchime on our front porch, so that made her smile big time.

Tonight at dinner I was absent-mindedly singing a line from a Brad Paisley song "I'm so much cooler online". Gracie became very excited, waving her arms, kicking her legs, big smiles and looking at the CD player. She loves music....especially that song. So I had to turn it on for her.

Daddy and Gracie hung out tonight while I went to a friend's BD party. They had a good night, although Gracie wasn't too interested in going to sleep and when she finally did go to bed, had a hard time relaxing and falling asleep. I came home to find Gracie and Daddy both asleep!

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: