Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Busy Tuesday

Gracie had an extremely restless night, she tossed and turned and tossed and turned. She just couldn't seem to get comfortable. At about 4:45 a.m. she settled into a peaceful sleep and then woke up at 5:15 a.m. She didn't want much for breakfast but is very good about taking her medicine these days. We reduced her Prednisolone this week to 3 ml every other day. Next week it is 1.5 ml every other day and then we are done with the Prednisolone. YAY! If all goes well with that, we'll begin to decrease the Vigabatrin. That is the drug that worries me the most as it can cause peripheral vision damage if on it for too long.

Gracie had a good morning at daycare. I picked her up at 12:30 p.m. and she fell asleep in the car before I even left the daycare driveway. We headed to the prosthetic lab where they fitted Gracie for her orthotics. It will take a little over a week before we get them. I got to pick out the design, I picked out daisies. Then the technician asked me what I wanted for the other foot, I told her I wanted daisies for both. I'm a matching type person most of the time. She then explained to me that they recommended different patterns on each orthotic so they were easier to tell one foot from the other. So, Gracie will have daisies on one foot and butterflies on the other. The technician also commented on how good Gracie was and she made fast friends with the receptionist.

After that we headed home and Gracie got to continue her nap. She was sleeping so soundly, it was such restful sleep. I hated to wake her, but she had an appointment with her pediatrician. She cried the whole way there...big crocodile tears because I had awoken her from this great sleep and she was still tired. Once at the clinic, she spied her favorite fish tank and practically yanked my arm off as she slid out of my arms and headed to the fish tank. She made friends with two gorgeous little Somali girls. I took note of the little girls' hairstyles for when Gracie's hair gets a little longer.

Today's visit to the pediatrician was to talk about speech therapy. She will have a speech consult in late March. More than likely they won't do anything right now, other than to have us continue to overtalk everything we do. The consult is to get Gracie access to the program so once she is old enough to benefit from it, we'll already be plugged into the service.

Gracie had a great evening. She was a little goofball jumping on her bed and falling backwards so mommy could catch her and then she would giggle. She splashed and splashed in the tub. That was great fun until she pee'd in the water. Oops.

Gracie fell asleep in my arms while she drank her nighttime bottle. I'm hoping for a peaceful night. By the way...Gracie is officially 19 months old now. Where did the time go?

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie


No comments: