Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wednesday With Dad

Today was Dad (me) and Grace's first day alone together as I stay home with her as Lisa heads back to work. I know many of you are expecting to hear that I fell flat on my face (not out of spite, but for the humor of it). I am sorry to disappoint you, but there was no face falling today!

Grace had a rough night of sleep. She did have a hard time breathing in a flat position. We took turns sleeping in chairs or the couch. I did have one scare last night. She and I were sleeping on the couch at about 3:30 a.m. I woke up to notice that about every 30 seconds her leg would jerk up towards her body. "Oh no, here we go again," I thought. I was relieved to find that the problem was that her leg kept sliding off of the couch and, in her sleep, she kept pulling it back. After a body shift, that scare was over!

While she was still clingy for parts of the day, it is clear to see that the reduced medication is bringing back her old personality. Grace chatted and sang for much of the day. She got into the type of mischief that a 17 month old should. She even played a few tricks on dad - and then grinned from ear to ear when I would finally say, "are you tricking me?"

Her appetite is down a little bit too. She was not the ravenous girl that we have been used to for the past few months. She did not even "share" my bagel this morning. When I offered some, she just motioned, "no thanks, dad. I'm good." How depressing - I'm already feeling unneeded. :-)

Lisa's fear about Grace being a daddy's girl has not yet come to pass. When Lisa got home tonite, Gracie nearly leapt from my arms to greet mommy.

Glad to say that we are now spasm free for 21 days (unless you count the couch thing!).

Thank you for all of the prayers and support.

Love,
Jeff, Lisa and Gracie

No comments: