Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Wednesday of Visits

Gracie had a better night last night, but awoke three times to be fed again. I got out of the shower this morning at 5:30 a.m. to find her sitting on the living room floor with daddy, sharing his bagel sandwich. She had a grin a mile wide when I greeted her.

Gracie had a good morning, the best she has had in a while. She did some walking and playing. We visited daycare for a little while this morning and she was very happy to see Barb and Michelle and some of her kiddo friends. She took a little time to cruise around and check out the toys. Gracie is a major thumb sucker, but it was just a little too cold to leave her mittens off on the way home. Since the roads were a little slick, I was busy concentrating on driving but I could hear her moving her hands back and forth and working at something in the back seat. When I finally got to a stoplight, I turned around to find she had worked her mitten off of her thumb, it was still on her 4 fingers and thumb was in her mouth. She was so proud of herself...another big smile.

Gracie took a 2-1/2 hour nap this afternoon. I was shocked as her naps these days are much shorter. We also had a visit from my friend Julie and her three cherubs, Katelyn, John, and Baby Noah. Unfortunately Gracie wasn't too social and as much as the kids would have loved to play with her, she really didn't want any part of the fun. Afternoons and evenings tend to be her really moody times. I, on the other hand, enjoyed the visit immensely.

Gracie enjoyed a warm bath tonight and is now snuggled in.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: