Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday - A Ride Outside

Mommy's on blog duty tonight!

Gracie had a pretty restless night, but only got up twice for a bottle and the best part is that she slept in til 7:30 a.m. That meant I got to sleep in too. It felt great. We have finally figured out how to get her to take her liquid medication without spitting it out. We give it to her in thin ml syringes inbetween bites of Toaster Strudel. So on some mornings we have to give her 13 syringes full of meds, but we get the job done.

We had a good morning and Gracie was in a good mood, but wanted to be held alot. She took a nap while I went to Target to stock up on everything we needed. After lunch and a short nap, we sent daddy off to a friend's house and to the grocery store and Gracie and I took a short stroller ride outside. It was 39 degrees and just too nice out to resist. I thought long and hard about taking her out with her diagnosis of pneumonia just under two weeks ago. She's been doing good and I thought the fresh air might do her good as long as we weren't out for long. I hope I don't get "bad mommy" points for this. She enjoyed the fresh aire and it put her in a good mood for the rest of the afternoon. She did some independent play this afternoon which was nice to see. She was full of smiles and snuggles and even a few laughs.

Bath time brought on more smiles and lots of splashes. I've come to LOVE bath time. Jeff and I are always soaked by the end, but the smiles and giggles are so worth it. I put her down to sleep a little while ago. She must have woke up for a bit, for when I went to check on her, she was in the corner of her room asleep, but her black stuffed kitty was by her side. She must have need a little play time before calling it a day.

Sweet dreams to all of you.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: