Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday Outing

Gracie had a pretty good night and was up for only three bottles. She slept in til 6:20 a.m. and that felt good. She was in a good mood for most of the morning. She still wanted to be held alot, but also got down and got into a little mischief.

Here is what I believe she was thinking today: "Oh is that a notebook on the table, I bet mom would prefer that on the floor. Oh and there is an invitation on the table, I'm just positive mom would want me to hold onto that and lick it...or maybe bite off the corner. This tastes kind of weird, but I am kind of hungry. Ahhh mom, why did you take it out of my mouth, I was just starting to enjoy the taste. I wonder what mom would do if I took the mouse from the computer out of her hand. Oh she just put a duckie sticker on my hand. That's kind of cool. I'll just wait til she turns her head and I'll stick that in my mouth too. Hey, I wonder if I can find anything fun in the wastebasket. Oh bummer, it's empty. "

It was great to see her on the move for a bit. I'm hoping we see more of that when we bring her down from the Prednisolone.

We took Gracie to Target with us this afternoon for an outing. I think she was going stir crazy in the house. She loves to get out and was all smiles when I put her in the van. She did great in the store, but started to get fussy on the way home. She was oh so tired. These outings can be very exhausting. She slept for an hour and a half, but was very sober and tired the rest of the afternoon into early evening. She did get a second wind with lots of smiles and jabbering right before bedtime. I almost hated to put her to bed. I was having too much fun.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: