Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Visiting Wednesday

Yawn!! Boy, am I tired. Someone woke up at 4:30 this morning - well, actually, we all woke up at 4:30 this morning, but only one of us did so voluntarily. That would make 2 days in a row. I think I need to introduce my girly to Jay Leno.

However, it did make for an early morning nap (8:00 - 10:00) with dad catching a few zzz's too. We both needed it. After that, we played some more and read books. Grace is getting much more into books again. There was a time, when we were on our highest doses, that she would not sit still for books at all (prior to that, we could read for 30 minutes at a time). We are now starting to read 4 - 5 books at a sitting. Grace is also getting better about turning the pages at the proper time again.

After our afternoon nap, we went for a little field trip. We stopped off at daycare for a short while. Imagine our good fortune to have shown up right at snack time! Grace had a good time "visiting" with all of her friends. We also stopped to visit some of dad's co-workers at the Support Center. They all ooh'd and aah'd appropriately and generated alot of smiles from Grace (again proving that she is the cutest girl in the world - but then again, I must admit, I'm biased).

Milestones for the day:

  • We clapped our hands for the first time - however, since she had mittens on and there was no sound - was it actually a "clap"?
  • Lots of splashing in the tub again - even more than before. She was all smiles while in the tub - another sign that she is getting back to her old self. Mom and I were soaked.
Oh look, I'm long winded again. Time to close!

Our best to all of you. Thanks for reading.

Love,
Jeff, Lisa, and Gracie

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Ahhh... I always miss good things on Wednesdays! I'm sad I missed you all...