Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday with Daddy

Gracie had another restless night. I'm pretty sure that is what we will continue to see until the Prednisolone starts being decreased. She was up about every two hours for a bottle. She awoke bright and early at 5:30 a.m. and was ready to start the day. Unfortunately, I awoke in pain reminiscent to pre-endometriosis surgery and knew there was no way I could take care of Gracie, let alone stand up straight, so Jeff ended up staying home from work to take care of "his girls".

Gracie had a pretty good day, as always she wanted to be held most of the day, but did get down on occasion to play, walk, pull something off of the counter top (just because she can), or explore. She took a 2-1/2 hour afternoon nap. This is starting to become the norm and I can't say I mind it. It gives me time to get some things done in the house.

Gracie had smiles for us and even some laughs, especially when she and daddy played tug of war with her empty bottle. She can be such a little nut sometimes, it just makes us laugh. She also loves to hear Jeff laugh. She usually starts in too, even if she doesn't know what he is laughing about.

Tonight she was so tired, as I was filling the humidifier for her room with water, she curled up on the kitchen rug beside the sink to wait for me.

Gracie continues to be spasm free!!! We thank God every day for this triumph!

Wishing you all a good weekend.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: