Monday, April 4, 2011

The Weekend

First of all, our exciting news is that Gracie went poopie and potty in the toilet at daycare on Friday!!!!  YAY!!!

Gracie awoke on Saturday morning in a fantastic mood.  I had plans to be in Iowa all day and I really hated to leave because she was so sweet and funny.  It was a beautiful day out and Jeff and Gracie played outside and took a couple of walks.  Gracie also signed "swing" to Jeff, as she wanted to go to the backyard and swing on her playset.  The snow is finally melted so she did get to enjoy the swing.  They had a good day of bonding.  They even got to go to McDonald's and have supper with Aunt Kathy and cousins Calvin and Josh.  Jeff said she practically inhaled the chicken nuggets. 

I didn't get home until close to 8:00 p.m.  She was so happy to see me and I got lots of hugs.  It was so much fun to see her smile and she had alot to "tell" me. 

On Sunday Gracie was a little bit more tired and easily frustrated.  She was all smiles when she was outside, but indoors she wasn't as happy.  She took a much needed two hour nap and I think she would have slept longer, but I woke her up thinking she wouldn't go to sleep at bedtime and today is a school day, so I wanted her to be well rested.  She requested to go outside after nap.  We told her she could but we had to put her shoes on first.  This was the start of a VERY big tantrum.  She didn't want her shoes on.  Actually I think it was more about she wanted immediate gratification on going outside and would just kick and scream when we tried to put shoes on.  I got slapped in the face on that one.  Needless to say that prolonged going outside because a time out was in order.  I also think low blood sugar was to blame.  She hadn't eaten much for lunch, but in her emotional state, I couldn't get her to eat anything either.  So once we finally got the time out taken care of and shoes on, we went outside and put her on the swing.  She was smiles from ear to ear.  I also fed her a banana while she was on the swing.  That seemed to help the situation as well.    She was on the swing for a long time, then she climbed into the playset and played and then to the slide.  We also got a new heavy duty stroller for Gracie, so Jeff and I went for a long walk and Gracie was happy to just chill and enjoy the outdoors. 

Supper was a big hit for Gracie - pork chops cooked in the crock pot with BBQ sauce.  They are so tender and she just can't get enough.  I always know she will eat good when we have those.

Gracie had a hard time falling asleep last night, but once asleep did great until 2:45 a.m.  She awoke and as hard as she tried, she could not fall back to sleep.  So I walked with her a while, just "bouncing" her....her most favorite comforting thing.  She finally fell back to sleep at 4:15 a.m.  I hope she doesn't fall asleep in school today. 

I'm looking forward to more beautiful outdoor days.  Gracie is a happy girl when she is outside.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: