Thursday, April 7, 2011

Wednesday - A Girly Girl!

Gracie had a good day yesterday.  I'm not sure what she did at school, but she was one tired girl when she got off the bus at daycare.  She wanted nothing to do with lunch...just too tired to eat.  So off to sleepyville for an hour or more and when she awoke she was ready to eat. 

Gracie got to play outside yesterday afternoon.  When I arrived to pick her up she was helping push the baby stroller and really didn't want to stop.  It was a beautiful afternoon and Gracie was in a GREAT mood.  I had BBQ ribs in the slow cooker just waiting for our arrival home.  Since that is an ultimate favorite of Gracie's, I thought she would eat and eat.  I guess the later lunch kind of took care of her appetite and she ate very little. 

Gracie really hasn't had too much of an opinion about what I dress her in.  She really likes dresses, but never complains about anything she wears.  I try to give her a choice of outfits, just to get her mind thinking and she usually picks something out, but never seems to have a major opinion on one thing or another...until last night.  Gracie's feet pronate, are very wide, and she is very flat-footed, so there are only two types of shoes that work for her...New Balance or a few select styles of Stride Rites.  Sandals are out of the question.  So I found a pair of really cute Stride Rite shoes online that looked like they had the right soles and support and can be used in water, have sort of a netting material to breathe for summer.  I sent the link to Jeff, who agreed.  What we didn't agree on was the color.  Jeff really liked the charcoal color ones with hot pink and orange trim.  I liked the bright pink ones with bright orange trim.  Since we couldn't decide, I procrastinated ordering them.  When I finally decided to order them, the pink ones were sold out of Gracie's size, so I purchased the charcoal ones.  I got a good deal that when I bought one pair I would get the second pair half off, and since Gracie's feet grow so fast, I also ordered a second pair a half size bigger...in the hot pink. They arrived yesterday.  Jeff opened up the first box and put the charcoal ones on her feet.  They fit great we were all happy with them...until Jeff opened up the box of pink ones.  Gracie wanted the charcoal ones off and the pink ones on.  We didn't think much of it and let her try those on too.  Then we took both pair off.  Later last night, I was holding the box with the charcoal ones in it and Gracie helped me take the lid off.  She saw they were the charcoal ones before she even got the lid half off.  She immediately put the lid back on and said "no", then went for the box with the pink ones and wanted them on.  I guess mommy is rubbing off on my girly girl!  :)

Gracie slept pretty good last night.  She did call out a few times and sort of cry at one point, but was easily calmed.  She didn't want much for breakfast, but ate her seizure meds nicely.  We got her new prescription and the inside of these are more powdery, than the little sprinkles we had previously.  It was a new generic type and I was a bit alarmed when I opened up the capsule.  I did a little reading and it looks like they are the right thing.  I hate when they change things on me and don't let me know - it makes for a minute or five of concern.

I think Gracie was going to go to the library today for her daycare adventure. It looks to be another nice day, so I'm guessing there will be some outside time also.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: