Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday - Feeling Better

Thankfully Gracie is doing much better.  When I got home from work yesterday she was a very happy girl.  She ate a good supper and then started on mine.  She sat on my lap for a while and was very content and snuggly.  Then she decided it was time to march around the house to the song "The Ants Go Marching".  Mommy was to be in the lead and Gracie held on and followed.  When the song was over, she requested it again and again.  So we did quite a bit of marching.  Daddy joined in too. 

Last night I was laying with her in bed, when she started singing a moon song she knows.  The only words she would sing was "Moon, Moon, Moon", but then she would hum more.  I asked her if she would like mommy to sing it and yes indeed she did.  As soon as I was done she would clap and tell me "more".  So we snuggled like that for a while.  Then I told her she needed to sing it for me.  She said "no" in a silly voice, but as she was snuggled in, she started humming it.  What a sweet way for her to fall asleep.  There is no question that she is much happier and more content.  Amazing the effect the wrong meds can have on a person. 

Gracie slept quite well, but did wake up a couple of times in the wee hours of the morning.  Thankfully, each time she went back to sleep fairly quickly.  She didn't want to wake up this morning and really didn't want much for breakfast.  She did take her meds easily for me.  She still seems to have alot of gas, so I think the old meds are still working their way out of her G.I. system. 

Gracie is back at daycare and seemed happy to see everyone.  The baby at daycare was VERY happy to see Gracie too. 

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: