Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday - Counting

I'm thrilled to say that Gracie is back to her normal self.  The most exciting news I have to share is that Gracie counted from 1 to 10 all by herself last night.  Jeff and I immediately cheered and clapped and at first our excitement surprised her a little and then she started getting all giggly and excited and clapping.  We've been working on counting for a long time and she loves to count things. 

I also want to share a story from last week.  Gracie, Jeff, and I were taking a walk.  Gracie loves to pick up things along the way.  I can't tell you how many dried up worms, I've had to stop her from touching.  She picked up a big dried up maple tree leaf and told us it was a "leaf", then proceeded to pull all the leaf part off and was left with just the stem.  I said "Hmmmm Gracie, I wonder what happened to your leaf."  Without missing a beat, she looked up at me with a big grin and announced it was a "stick"!!!  That gave us a big smile. 

Gracie had a great day at daycare yesterday and had fun outside with bubbles and she got to go to the pet store.  I was just sure that the kitties would be her favorite animal.  I was wrong.  She loved the turtles. 

Jeff picked Gracie up at daycare and took her for a wagon ride when they got home.  When I pulled up, Gracie's mouth and teeth were purple.  She had been writing on the sidewalk with a piece of chalk as Jeff pulled her in the wagon, well she must have gotten hungry, because she bit a chunk off and decided it was food.  BLEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

So I picked up Gracie's name brand seizure meds today.  I'm having a bit of heart failure.  Our co-pay for three months worth of meds, has gone from $30.00 to $2554.00.  First attempts with talking to our insurance company were frustrating to say the least.  That actually may be a good thing, because the more frustrated I get, the more determined I get, the more determined I get the more I'm willing to fight to the bitter end.  Wish me luck...my goal is to get our co-pay reduced since it is not our choice to go with generic, but that it is medically necessary.  I did talk to the pharmacy and they did confirm our last batch was from a different manufacturer.  I asked whether or not they could special order from the manufacturer that supplied the generic that did work for her and they informed me they could not do special orders.  Bummer!

Gracie has school today and she was excited about that! 

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: